Improving Radiator Performance

To improve performance of standard radiator for my central heating system I added 6 large (120 mm) PWM controlled PC fans. They are extracting air from inside of radiator thus significantlly improving it's heating performance. Practically, I made fan-coil from standard radiator.

Since they are PWM fans speed can be lowered to 10-20% making them silent. It's a big heating improvement, this fan-coil can heat up my small workshop in minutes.


 Beside controlling fans I added valve control with position feedback. This is teardown electronic regulatig valve, which I fitted for the purpose.


The controller is Arduino which based on heating schedule and presence of person it workshop regulate fan speed and valve position to achieve quick heat up. IR controller is used to eliminate the need for several buttons on front panel.



Comments